- Planning, execution and successful completion of accounting work in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS);
- Posting and processing journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded;
- Recording of invoices, receipts, payments and preparing monthly bank reconciliations;
- Preparation of Debtors/Creditors reconciliation;
- Prepare fixed asset register;
- Ensure relevant provisions were recognised through the year;
- Preparing monthly management accounts and cashflow statements for clients;
- Preparing quarterly VAT reconciliation and submitting VAT returns;
- Support and supervision of more junior members of staff;
- Apply critical thinking and professional judgement identifies and raises issues at the appropriate level;
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with the team and client personnel and meet client and firm deadlines;
- Communicate own knowledge of the accounting procedures and firm’s accounting tools to less senior staff and supervise their application;
- Timely inform the manager of any issues arising;
- Regular reporting to the Manager about status, progress and completion of accounting work;
- Accountable with the manager of the project management of the engagement (coordination, deadlines, arranging meetings etc.) to final completion;
- Collecting, preparing and sending information to the Auditors;
- Collaborating with other departments.
- ACCA qualified or partly qualified;
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant;
- Minimum 3 years of practical relevant experience, preferably with a medium or large size Accounting Firm;
- Extensive knowledge of accounting principles and VAT;
- Computer Literacy, including preferably knowledge of CaseWare and QuickBooks;
- Ambition to have a career as an Accountant and expand his/her knowledge and experience;
- Pleasant personality, professionalism, ability to work in a team and, when necessary, work under strict reporting deadlines;
- Highly detail-oriented and organised;
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
A very competitive remuneration package based on experience and qualifications, including Provident Fund and 13th Salary will be offered to the fit candidates. We offer a 38-hour week with Flexible working hours and Friday afternoons off.
If you comply with the requirements above and you are able to take a new challenge in your career, please email your CV to the Head of Human Recourses Department, Maria Papavasileiou, email@example.com – reference in subject line: Experienced Accountant.