Technical Writer (4616)
CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, a well-established, international company specialising in high trafficked websites, we are seeking to recruit a Technical Writer to join their expanding team based in Nicosia. The successful applicant will have a minimum of 5+ years of relevant technical writing experience and possess outstanding communication skills in English.
- Complete writing assignments and documentation according to set standards driven down by the Technical Director and Technical Lead in fluid order, clarity, conciseness, style and terminology.
- Confer with team members within and outside of the department to establish guidelines and best practices. Be the champion of documentation.
- Manage multiple assignments simultaneously while working independently and within a team environment.
- Research material to make into charts, wireframes, diagrams and blueprints to illustrate material.
- Arrange for typing, duplication and distribution to cross-functional team if needed.
- Maintain records and files of work and revisions in an organized system.
- Provide layout and formatting assistance for publication of Process Guides, Documents and other written materials.
- Ensure consistency and excellence in Process documentation and practices for the group.
- Participate in effective review and refinement of current platforms processes.
- 5+ years’ experience in the technical writing role.
- University Degree in related field and/or within the Computer Science domain or equivalent experience.
- Proven track record in working within a software driven environment and digital application process development.
- Demonstrated ability to work with remote teams on projects and initiatives.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software testing and software QA processes an asset (preferably in games but not necessarily).
- Extensive experience in test plan creation, tech specification planning an asset.
- Interest in software testing and video games, hardware/software troubleshooting an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including technical writing skills.
- Excellent organizational and people skills.
- Excellent team player.
- Pro-active, motivated, and energetic.
- Excellent time management skills with strong ability to prioritize and multi-task across competing demands.
- Flexible and dynamic – quickly adapt to changing needs of the business.
- Commercial awareness – the ability to analyze situations from a commercial or business perspective.
- Ability to work under extremely demanding and dynamic situations.
- Know your audience, from engineering to sales and from all levels of the company and apply your skills appropriately.
- A general understanding of web-based technologies such as single page applications and large scale web based properties.
- Understanding of web-based central services with administrative tools that focus inwards on internal clients (employees).
- Be able to speak to, update and sometimes create diagrams such as UMLs, Sequence, Flows, State Machines, Entity Relationships and deployment diagrams.
- Create a bridge where the testing pyramid translates to usable documentation.