CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, a long-established and highly respected Law and Consultancy Firm with offices in Nicosia, we are seeking to recruit an experienced and well-qualified Tax Consultant to join their expanding team of professionals. The successful applicant will ideally have some understanding and knowledge of the DAC6 Tax directive and speak fluent Greek and English.
- Advising international and local clients on tax efficient structures and tax issues.
- Assisting with tax compliance work including the preparation of tax forms, returns and capital statements, and tax computations to determine or confirm taxable profit.
- Assessing potential tax exposures and risks taking into consideration tax legislation, common practice, and double tax treaties.
- Providing support in specific projects/assignments which require the involvement of a tax expert.
- Providing accounting/bookkeeping services to client as and when required.
- Liaising with local Tax authorities and international tax advisors on client issues.
- Relevant academic background in Accounting/Finance or related field.
- 1+ year of experience in Tax is a must.
- Strong understanding of international tax concepts required, including knowledge how to apply international tax compliance and reporting duties in practice.
- Some knowledge and understanding of the DAC6 Tax will be considered a significant advantage.
- Solid knowledge of general accounting principles.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English with the ability to deliver clear and concise guidance and instructions to subsidiaries and other group functions.
- Ability to develop trusting and effective working relationships at all levels of the organization and across various teams.
- Excellent analytical, conceptual thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work strategically as well as hands-on and capable and willing to dig into the details.
- Self-motivated and used to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment.