Systems Application Administrator (Remote)
This is a unique opportunity to join an innovative blockchain start-up as it grows from product development to in-the-market phase. As a start-up company hiring its first in-house IT personnel, we are looking for an enthusiastic and flexible mindset and offer an opportunity to make the role your own and get involved at a stage of development and growth – offering you development and growth opportunities as well.
You will be responsible for installing, updating and troubleshooting all our software and hardware, with a focus on ensuring our client-facing products (our mobile apps and enterprise platform) are running smoothly.
This is not a traditional corporate job, but a team effort to make an impact on the world and bring true value to patients and the healthcare industry. We take a project-based approach to working; working together to identify clear goals which each team member needs to achieve, ensuring alignment with the company’s overall strategy.
You will work remotely with regular team meet-ups in person and virtually, including inspiring “deep-dive” sessions where we all work together to envision and create the future of the products. We are flexible on hours and only care about results.
Initially, this is a 7-month part-time contract however it is likely to be extended to a permanent (and possibly full-time, if preferred) role and you will be notified of this well within the 7-month period.
Main Duties And Responsibilities
- Setting up and management of servers, including giving strategic advice on the best possible set-up
- Setting up and management of blockchain nodes (training provided)
- Monitor the technical performance of the Aria mobile applications and our enterprise platform ensuring they are consistently and efficiently running
- Troubleshoot application issues and system errors, resolving or escalating as necessary
- Assist in app maintenance tasks such as updates to the app stores
- Support the configuration of APIs between medical institutions and our applications, involving liaising with Electronic Medical Record software providers and external developers
- Installation and technical training of our solutions to medical institutions and enterprise clients
- Support day-to-day operations including general internal software and hardware installations and maintenance
- Website maintenance, as needed
- Monitor and manage data and application backups, prepare for disaster recovery and problem management.
- Ensure security through access controls, back-ups and firewalls
- Perform other duties, as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field or 3+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience with: Microsoft Office, Wordpress, AWS including EC2, S3, etc
- Technical troubleshooting and hands-on experience with iOS and Android
- Excellent knowledge of English and Greek languages
- Knowledge of cybersecurity best practices
- Aptitude for solving problems and acting on own initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and being an effective communicator, able to deal with stakeholders at all levels, both within and outside the business.
- Ability to suggest alternative solutions, innovate and use experience, to streamline operations.
- Competitive Salary
- Remote Working
- Flexible Hours
- Positive Environment
- Opportunity for growth including building your own team