Software Engineer (4779)
CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, a leading Research & Development company developing complex, cutting-edge solutions for the Financial Services sector, we are seeking to recruit Software Engineer to join their expanding team of professionals in Limassol. The successful applicant will have a relevant academic background in Computer Engineering or related field and possess a strong understanding of software development and object-oriented design principles.
- To further develop & support the company’s key software infrastructure.
- To understand complex processes and systems and to help to ensure reliability, consistency, process quality and control.
- To be involved in system development with a flexible approach to working on different projects simultaneously.
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering/Statistics/Engineering or related field.
- Strong understanding of software development and object-oriented design principles.
- Previous experience of developing software in Java, C++, and/or Java ideally.
- Strong understanding of threading, data structures, and overall design trade-offs and optimizations.
- Experience in the use of both Windows and Unix / Linux operating systems, command line tools, scripting tools and basic system administration.
- Any previous experience of working with large data sets will be considered an advantage.
- Experience with SQL databases and their development, T-SQL stored procedures, functions, indexes and query optimization will be highly beneficial, but not essential.
- Desire to succeed and ability to work well in a team as well as taking ownership on sub-projects.
- Keen interest in any technology innovation and eager to learn.