Software Engineer (4275)
CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, an established Research and Technology Company operating within the Financial Services sector, we are seeking to recruit to an experienced and talented Software Engineer to join their expanding team of professionals based in Limassol. This position requires interaction with execution system specialists, researchers, developers, and other senior professionals in a project management environment. The position also requires monitoring and operating systems in after-hours rotation, within a support team.
- To further develop & support the company’s geographically distributed systems.
- To join the team tasked with the daily setting up, running, monitoring and troubleshooting of systems operating 24 hours a day.
- To understand complex trade execution processes and systems and to help the ongoing development of control parameters, to ensure reliability, consistency, process quality and control.
- To be involved in the development of business operations systems with a flexible approach to working on different projects simultaneously.
- Degree in science/computing/numerate/engineering field.
- Strong understanding of software development in C# or Java and object oriented programming
- Strong understanding of database development, ideally with SQL Server, T-SQL stored procedures, functions, indexes and query optimization.
- Experience in the use of both Windows and Unix / Linux operating systems, command line tools, scripting tools and basic system administration.
- Able to work well under pressure and have proactive approach to implementing enhancements and process improvements whilst maintaining precision.
- Desire to learn and ability to work well in a team as well as taking ownership on sub-projects.
- Keen interest in any technology innovation and eager to learn.