Senior Tax Consultant (4673)
CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, a long-established and highly respected provider of Audit & Accounting services to both local and international clients, we are seeking to recruit an experienced Senior Tax Consultant to join their expanding team of professionals based in Nicosia. The successful applicant will either be Part or Fully-Qualified (ACCA/ACA) and possess a minimum of 2+ years of relevant tax experience working for a service provider.
- Reviewing tax compliance work for a wide portfolio of clients (tax computations, assessment of areas of tax risks, preparation of tax position schedules).
- Preparation of tax returns for individuals and companies.
- Tax advisory work.
- Preparation of tax opinions for cross-border transactions (acquisitions, mergers, and other reorganisations).
- Providing general tax support and advice to clients.
- Dealing with tax enquiries and investigations.
- Represent clients in tax examinations and actively involved in the closing of tax affairs during liquidations, strike offs and reorganisations.
- Assess related party transactions and coordinate Transfer Pricing studies.
- Preparation of tax rulings requests.
- Assist the tax director on the business development initiatives of the firm.
- Assist clients on payroll processing and payroll issues.
- Qualified or studying towards his/her qualification (ACA or ACCA) holding a strong degree from a reputable university, having completed at least 2-3 years of experience in Tax Department of a reputable large or medium-sized audit firm.
- VAT knowledge will be considered as advantage.
- Excellent Knowledge of Cyprus Tax Law.
- Knowledge of International Tax Law.
- Fluency in Greek and English, both oral and written.
- Computer literate.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to take initiatives and deliver results.
- Organised and ability to multitask and adapt to changes.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work in team environment and build relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Ability to exercise professional judgement.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent time management skills.