Senior Accountant (4598)
CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, an exploration and development company focusing on precious metals, we are seeking to recruit a suitably well-qualified Senior Accountant to join their expanding team of professionals in Nicosia. The successful applicant will be a full member of a professional accounting body (ACCA/ACA) and hold previous and demonstrable experience in a similar capacity with 10+ years approximately of relevant post-qualification experience.
- Provide support to the Financial Controller in managing the financial accounts teams including the production of the group’s annual financial statements, future VAT returns, annual Corporation Tax returns, statutory returns and control account reconciliations.
- Responsible for direct line management of the assistant accountants.
- Contribute to the planning and production of the group’s annual accounts, and to assist the Finance Controller in liaising with the external auditors, including preparing any required analysis to support the financial data disclosed, and be able to present such analyses in a form that is easily accessible and understood by others.
- Responsible for the production of statutory returns for Cyprus to ensure that the company is compliant with tax affairs and in meeting the statutory deadlines of both direct and indirect taxes.
- To take control of month end processes, ensuring that monthly reconciliation of Balance Sheet control and bank accounts is carried out in compliance with the company’s internal control policy, taking the lead in the reconciliation of relevant control accounts, posting errors and completing year end activity to agreed deadlines.
- Responsible for more complex accounting areas including, Complete bi annual consolidation procedures but not limited to Equity Accounting and Intercompany loans.
- Proactive and take initiatives in reviewing and improve processes and procedures in relation to the accounting systems and reconciliation processes and ensuring the integrity of the accounting records through strong internal controls.
- To support the Finance Controller in ensuring that the treasury functions of the company are carried out in accordance with the Policy.
- To support ongoing development of our finance MYOB or similar system and to ensure that the MYOB posting takes place daily and the batches are posted accurately and timely.
- To keep abreast with changes in the accounting and tax legislation that affect the company.
- Working under the guidance of the Finance Controller, expected to undertake any duties as assigned by the Finance Controller, and the Director of Finance as appropriate.
- Membership of a professional accounting body (ACA, ACCA) with 10+ years of post-qualification experience is a must.
- Knowledge and experience of financial accounting (IFRS), and relevant technical accounting knowledge and ability to apply to the situations.
- Experience in production of statutory accounts under IFRS, and dealing with auditors.
- Experience in Assist Preparing and taxation returns and statutory returns.
- Experience in working with relevant financial systems such as MYOB or similar.
- Experience of staff management would be considered an advantage.
- Sound understanding of accounting concepts and principles.
- Ability to manipulate data and experience of carrying out analysis of data, especially during the year end to provide the results that is easily understood to external auditors and senior management.
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise workload, including co-ordinating with others and ensuring that statutory and other deadlines are met.
- To work as part of a team and independently to deliver a common goal or objective
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Experience of working across distributed team and to build and strengthen working relationships.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to deliver goals, objectives and agreed service levels and provide good internal customer service.
- Experience working for an AIM listed company in the Mining or Resource Sector would be highly advantageous.