Senior Accountant (3495)
CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, an established and expanding provider of Audit & Accounting Services with offices in the heart of Nicosia, we are seeking to recruit a Senior Accountant to join their growing team.
- Responsible for keeping the accounting records complete, and in a timely manner.
- Meeting deadlines for monthly closings and reconciliations, preliminary review and analysis of the trial balance, while also providing explanations when requested.
- Assisting in the preparation and of VAT and Corporate Tax returns.
- Assisting with the preparation of annual financial statements for Clients.
- Producing periodic and ad-hoc reports within specific deadlines.
- Collaborating with external parties locally or abroad, e.g. auditors, suppliers, banks, tax authorities and regulatory organisations.
- Supervising team members and assisting with the smooth running of the Accounting function of the company.
- Educated to degree level in Accounting/Finance or related field.
- ACA/ACCA Qualified, or part qualified with one to three papers remaining.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar position
- Previous experience in audit and preparation of financial statements will be considered as an asset.
- Knowledge of Cyprus VAT and Corporate Tax.
- IT literate, with very good knowledge of Excel.
- Experience with accounting software.
- Fluent in English and Greek.
- Self-motivated and willing to learn and develop in a fast paced and growing organisation.
- Team spirit and you have the ability to work with others remotely.
- Previous Managerial experience.
- You possess risk awareness and high integrity when dealing with confidential information.