CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, a dynamic and fast-growing payments institution with offices in Larnaca, we are seeking to recruit a suitably well-qualified and experienced Risk Manager to join their team. The successful applicant will have previous and demonstrable professional experience in a similar position and possess outstanding communication skills in English.
- Overseeing the duties of the Company’s Risk Management function and for ensuring effective supervision of the relevant risks through continuous monitoring, assessment and evaluation of the Company’s risk management policies.
- To establish, implement and maintain adequate policies and procedures which identify the risks relating to the Company’s activities, processes and systems, and setting the company’s ‘Risk Appetite’ – the level of risk tolerated by the Company.
- Responsible for the overall underwriting of merchants through the assessment of financial risks associated with their business profile, while continuously monitoring all relevant risks.
- Assessing risk prior to the introduction of new products and services.
- Providing support, education and training to staff to build risk awareness within the Company.
- Manage risk and compliance in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Periodically reporting of the actuality and effectiveness of the risk management control process with emphasis on continual improvement.
- Day to day management of the risk team.
- Ensuring KYC (Know Your Customer) checks are completed in a timely manner.
- Ensuring efficient transaction monitoring and merchant activity is carried out to detect and evaluate abnormalities in client turnover history and to report observations.
- Managing transaction limit checks in compliance with EU Anti Money Laundering regulations.
- Managing merchant payments and refunds in line with risk exposure.
- Assist its Merchant’s risk teams in preventing fraud and customer chargebacks.
- Approving Merchant payment processing options in line with the Company’s compliance procedures.
- Terminate merchant accounts where there is a breach of the company’s Terms and Conditions.
- Educated at bachelor’s degree level.
- Significant background in a Risk and Compliance related role.
- An understanding of Online Payment Services.
- Good understanding of:
- The E-commerce Industry.
- Card Schemes (Visa & Mastercard) regulations and guidelines.
- Office and online security and proficiency in the use of technology.
- Very organized with the ability to work in a fast-paced working environment with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking.
- Strong interpersonal and communication.
- Strong reporting and presentation.
- Fluency in English is essential.