Reconciliations Accountant (4623)
CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, an expanding provider of Insurance and related services to clients in both Cyprus and abroad, we are seeking to recruit a Reconciliations Accountant to join their team. The successful applicant will ideally hold a relevant accounting/finance qualification and have previous and demonstrable experience with reconciliations.
- Sales reconciliation accountant: responsible for reconciling the output from the policy production system to the bank and processing transactions in the finance system.
- Processing and posting of refunds and cancellations.
- Analysis and reconciliation of closing balances.
- Sending payment advises to other departments.
- Reconciliation of reinsurance accounts and preparation of data for reinsurance reporting.
- Reconciliation of sales taxes.
- University degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related.
- Recently ACCA/ACA/AAT/CAT qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Any previous experience working in functions relating to receipt of payments, collection of cash, issue of receipts or invoicing will be considered a significant advantage.
- Any previous experience with the reconciliation of receivables with sales invoices, bank, reconciling and processing discrepancies or complex transactions is highly beneficial.
- Experience in e-commerce, insurance, services or technology industry is a plus, but not essential.
- Existing experience and knowledge with Accounting software is a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and PIVOT tables.
- Use of Python or Microsoft BI would be an advantage.
- Able to work within deadlines.
- Demonstrate problem solving skills.
- Good communication skills – will need to cooperate with other teams and communicate effectively in Greek and English.
- Ability to work with big spreadsheets and perform detailed analysis.
- Willingness to learn fast and adapt.
- Ability to multi-task.