CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, a well-established company operating within the Financial Investment sector, we are seeking to recruit a technically gifted and experienced Quantitative Developer to join their expanding team of professionals based in Limassol.
The role involves research and development of trading strategies using both strong coding abilities and quantitative methodologies. Experience within finance with any asset class is desirable. Strategies in Equities (US and EU), FX, Commodities (Metals, Energy, Gas etc.) are implemented in the company’s trading environment. Previous experience in relevant execution Algo/eTrading models, from a quant development, technology, trading or model validation perspective is desirable. A broad range of experience will be considered, but you will need a solid academic background and to be open to new ideas.
- Contribute to the model building and validation practices to the new area of algorithmic and electronic trading models.
- Perform independent reviews of algorithmic trading models.
- Contribute to the testing framework for algorithmic trading models, ensuring that new and changed algos will not have a negative impact on the markets or clients.
- Provide an expert assessment of, and contribute to the monitoring of the performance of trading algorithms versus their intended aims.
- Create high-quality, real-world code.
- Challenge the existing design.
- The ideal candidate will have a PhD or Master’s Equivalent in Mathematics, Science, Engineering, or other numerate degree, from a top tier university.
- Strong technologist with development experience in one or more of object oriented languages such as Python, Java, Matlab, C#, or other statistical programming language.
- Experience with databases including SQL.
- Experience working with large data sets.
- Ability to articulate clearly in group presentations via phone or face-to-face.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, complex environment.
- Ability to work with multiple groups across reporting lines.
- Experience using Bloomberg, and other data and pricing platforms.
- Communicative and able to explain (technical) topics clearly and intuitively.
- Co-operative and team-orientated, while being able to motivate and organize yourself.