CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, an established company operating in the Marine sector in Cyprus, we are seeking to recruit an experienced and capable Office Manager/Bookkeeper to join their expanding team of professionals based in Paphos. The successful applicant will have previous experience in both Office Management and Bookkeeping and speak both Greek and English fluently. The working hours for this position are from 07:30am to 3:30pm Monday – Friday.
- Overseeing general office operations.
- Coordinating staff domestic and international travel, including flight, hotel, and car rental reservations.
- Purchasing office supplies and equipment and maintaining proper stock levels.
- Producing reports, composing correspondence, responding to incoming emails and/or forwarding them to relevant staff.
- Assisting in the preparation and review of sales and purchasing contracts.
- Preparation, logging and follow-up of orders to suppliers.
- Preparing import and export documentation.
- Preparing monthly reports of staff hours worked from electronic clock-in system.
- Maintaining records of financial transactions by establishing accounts; posting transactions; ensure legal requirements compliance.
- Developing systems to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts; defining bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Maintaining subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
- Balancing subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries.
- Maintaining general ledger by transferring subsidiary account summaries.
- Balancing general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Maintaining historical records by filing documents.
- Preparing financial reports for senior management by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing accounting information.
- Ensuring compliance with all legal requirements by: studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Contributing to team effort by the timely reporting of financial data as and when requested by management.
- Liaising with the Company’s accountants and auditors.
- Any relevant academic background relating to Business Administration and/or Finance will be considered an advantage, but not essential.
- Previous experience of SME office management and bookkeeping is essential.
- An ability to communicate in Greek and English, both written and spoken.
- Excellent computer skills, including a high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- A commitment to producing detailed and accurate work.
- Be a self-starter, with an ability to multi-task, assess priorities, work under pressure and consistently meet deadlines.
- Strong team player.