Junior Support Engineer
CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, a very well-established and highly respected, international Information Technology company with regional offices in Cyprus, we are seeking to recruit a Junior Support Engineer with technical skills in Java and knowledge of Databases to join their expanding team of professionals in the heart of Nicosia.
Part of global support team, providing support and solutions to existing clients on production issues/bugs faced during their daily operations. Assisting clients to carry out upgrades of the system modules to comply with International Payment Systems (IPS) mandates.
- Supporting clients’ daily operations of product modules when issues/bugs arise.
- Troubleshoot and if possible reproduce existing clients reported issues/bugs.
- Analyze core and custom code of product modules to identify an issue/bug.
- Report valid issues/bugs/enhancements correctly to R&D.
- Correctly deliver the solution in the form of workarounds, hotfixes or configuration changes to the client(s).
- Install software and train clients on site as required.
- Meet clients Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Assisting clients in the IPS mandate upgrades carried out two times a year.
- Strive to achieve a Quality Assurance (QA) standard.
- A degree in Computer Science or related field preferably 2.1 or over 6.5/10.
- MSc will be considered an advantage.
- Fresh graduates are encouraged however 1-2 years’ experience within the industry will be an advantage.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate technical ideas clearly effectively and convincingly.
- Ability to work in teams and with people of varying abilities and backgrounds.
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving.
- Ability to learn new technologies by self-learning.
- Able to troubleshoot and identify technical issues quickly.
- Willingness to travel abroad for onsite client visits or trainings.
- Strong knowledge of Databases preferably in Oracle PL/SQL.
- Development skills in Java.