IT Technician (3630)
CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, an established and expanding provider of IT Solutions to clients across Cyprus and abroad, we are seeking to recruit a suitably qualified IT Technician to join their expanding team of professionals based in Larnaca.
- Maintains and supports workstations, servers, operating systems, application software, automation tools, virtualisation and storage systems on behalf of clients.
- Prepares and implements changes and upgrades to the systems infrastructure to support new projects, meet compliance requirements and replace aging technology on behalf of clients.
- Monitors the systems infrastructure in order to perform preventive maintenance, detect and fix defects, apply new versions and patches, mitigate system vulnerabilities, perform capacity planning and performance tuning.
- Implements and maintains the systems backup and redundancy strategies.
- Configures and maintains the systems in accordance to the company’s security, compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Develops and maintains technical documentation (e.g. manuals, network diagrams, configuration standards, asset inventory lists, test plans).
- Provides support and assistance to users and customers.
- University degree in Information Technology or Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
- Professional qualifications such as Microsoft/REDHAT/VMWARE certifications will be considered an advantage.
- Windows operating system experience is a must.
- Windows Active Directory.
- Networking skills and knowledge.
- Virtualisation systems (VMware).
- Storage systems.
- Antivirus and backup systems.
- Monitoring, management and automation tools.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Must be able to learn, understand and apply new technologies.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills.
- Excellent command of the Greek and English languages, both verbal and written.