IT Manager – IT – Limassol – Ref#603
A specialist in the Shipmanagement and Offshore Projects sector, are working with GRS to recruit an IT Manager for their Limassol offices. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 8 years’ experience in the IT sector with at least 3 years’ experience in a leadership post. You will be responsible for managing the day-to-day IT operations, Business Systems and Helpdesk. This is a technical role and you should have ‘hands-on’ experience and a solid understanding of advanced network concepts, Windows Server environments, and other cloud-based technologies. If you have the necessary skills and experience, we look forward to receiving your CV for this Limassol based IT Manager role.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including telecommunications, servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, and peripherals both ashore and onboard our Company managed vessels.
- Devise the Company’s IT strategy and ensure that all systems necessary to support our operations and objectives are in place.
- Purchase efficient and cost-effective technological equipment and software.
- Lead the implementation of technology projects to streamline all operations and help optimise the business goals.
- Daily monitoring of the Helpdesk support system.
- Act in an Information Security Officer’s capacity to design and enforce policies and procedures that protect the Group’s IT infrastructure from all security breaches.
- Educate colleagues about security software and best practices for information.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field is required.
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience within the information technology field.
- At least 3 years’ experience in leadership or management in an IT setting.
- Hands-on technical skills and capability.
- Proven experience working with VMware products, configuration, and maintenance.
- Proven experience working with VMware virtual machines, virtual networks, VLANS is essential.
- Proven experience in system design, from initial concepts to implementation.
- Proven experience working with Cisco networking produces, VLANS, LAGs, layer 2/3 routing.
- Experience working with HP/Dell servers and storage.
- Experience with Firewall and its concepts.
- Experience with a VOIP system, 3CX will be advantageous.
- Shipping industry experience would be advantageous.
- Professional information security certification would be considered an advantage.
- Clean criminal record.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive at GRS Recruitment, only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
To apply for this position, please email your CV to Ross Pitman, email@example.com the above job reference or call +357 25 342 720 for further information.