IP Networks Expert (4611)
CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, one of Cyprus’ most well-known and respected Telecommunications Providers with offices in the heart of Nicosia, we are seeking to recruit a highly competent IP Networks Expert to join their expanding team of professionals. The successful applicants will hold a minimum of two years’ experience within a similar position.
- Design, deploy, support and dimension (hardware and software) of any related Layer 2 and Layer 3 Network in the company’s Infrastructure. This includes the ISP Backbone Network, the Mobile Network, the xDSL and FTTH Networks and the Enterprise Network Infrastructure.
- Internal and External Customer Support.
- Design, deploy and support the Firewalls Security Network.
- Assists Sales Team during presales visits to corporate customers and designs, deploy and support the solutions to meet customer’s requirements.
- Designs, deploys and dimensions the intra- and inter-connectivity with other networks elements of the network (e.g. BSC, RNC, MSS, MGW, UGW, DSLAM, MSAN, BRAS, DBs).
- Participate in technical meetings with other departments.
- Orders hardware, features, functionalities and software releases for the IP Networks and NMS Systems.
- Generates performance and optimization reports for the IP Networks.
- Analyses overall network impact of any proposed configuration changes.
- Studies new technologies and proposes improvements in the IP Networks and NMS Systems.
- Documents network configurations and corporate solutions, maintaining an updated library with the configurations of the network.
- Be a part of an on-call support scheme for critical incidents
- Postgraduate degree in Electrical/Electronic/Computer Engineering or Computer Science, preferably with a specialization in Telecommunications or Networks.
- Working experience preferably on Huawei, Juniper and Cisco equipment.
- Working experience with layer-2 Ethernet technologies.
- Working experience with IP/MPLS architectures as well as technologies and protocols like BGP, RSVP, LDP, OSPF, IS-IS, L2VPN, L3VPN, VPLS, Circuit Emulation, QoS/CoS, Traffic Engineering, IPv6 etc).
- Working experience with Dynamic Subscriber Management, RADIUS protocol, PPPoE and DHCP.
- Working experience with Firewalls and familiarity with IPsec and VPNs.
- Working experience with Load Balancers is a plus.
- Knowledge of Mobile Networks and xDSL/FTTH Network architectures and communication flows.
- Troubleshooting and debugging skills.
- Good knowledge of IPv6 will be considered as an advantage.
- Good knowledge of Unix or Linux is a plus.
- Familiarity with Network Monitoring Systems, SNMP agents, statistical monitoring and analysis.
- Network Certifications will be considered as an advantage.
- Hardworking, focused, thorough, punctual, and proficient at multitasking.
- Ability to provide written and verbal presentations on technical topics to corporate peers and management.
- Able to work independently or within a team environment, with minimum instruction from management.
- Proficiency in English language.