In-House Legal Advisor – Financial Services Provider – Paphos – Ref#521
An International Holding Company are working with GRS to recruit a In-House Legal Advisor based in Paphos. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Corporate Lawyer or In-House Legal Advisor and be educated in Law. We look forward to receiving your CV for this Paphos based In-House Legal Advisor role.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consult and handle all corporate legal processes
- Assisting with various transaction and operation matters, including commercial and property transactions, opening of bank accounts, migration matters, according to the need of the Group.
- To prepare the necessary documents for legal research (Due Legal Diligence)
- To represent the company’s interests in state, municipal, judicial and private sector institutions in Cyprus and abroad
- Independently prepare and submit all necessary documents to the Register of the Companies, Land registry and other government bodies in Cyprus
- Develop Company’s policy and position on legal issues
- Research, anticipate and guard Company against legal risks
- Provide legal advice and support to Management
- Provide strategic input on group and ownership structure, and corporate governance best practices
- Drafting and reviewing various types of agreements and other legal documents
- Cooperation and coordination with third party professionals in Cyprus and abroad
- Research and ensuring compliance of the Group with the local laws and regulation
- Preparing and submit legal opinions and advice on corporate, commercial, banking and finance issues
- Reviewing new regulations, applicable, and advising on how these are affecting the company’s operations
- Conducting legal research on various topics and liaise with outsourced law firms and/or associates in order to acquire relevant information
- Becoming involved in ad-hoc project and provide support accordingly
- Excellent knowledge of Greek and English both written and spoken. Knowledge of the Russian language will be considered an advantage
- Educated in Law (Bachelors and ideally Masters)
- Minimum 5+ years of experience as a Corporate Attorney, Corporate Lawyer, similar position with a global Financial Services Holding Companies
- Excellent knowledge of commercial, corporate, tax and labour law
- A professional attorney’s license of law will be considered an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of Cyprus Companies Law and overall knowledge of the legal framework regulating or relating to Cyprus companies
- Outstanding drafting and negotiation skills
Due to the high volume of applications we receive at GRS Recruitment, only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
To apply for this position, please email your CV to Elysseos Odesseos, Elysseos@grsrecruitment.comquoting the above job reference or call +357 25 342 720 for further information.