Health & Safety Officer (4888)
CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, a long-established company with diverse business interests, we are seeking to recruit a Health & Safety Officer to join their team based in Nicosia. The successful applicant will ideally hold previous, demonstrable experience in a similar position (up to 3 years) and will be fluent in both Greek and English.
- Recording Health and Safety procedures.
- Informing all staff on health and safety, dealing with health and safety induction programs.
- Suggestions for improvements related to staff health and safety.
- Staff training on health and safety, managing and keeping records of all health and safety trainings and certificates.
- Running health and safety meetings and training courses for employees.
- Meetings with security committees if done as required by law.
- Monitoring the health and safety system.
- Carrying out risk assessments and site inspections.
- Ensuring that equipment is installed correctly and safely.
- Identifying potential hazards.
- Determining ways of reducing risks.
- Compiling statistics and writing reports.
- Liaising with external health and safety authorities.
- Keeping up-to-date and ensuring compliance with current health and safety legislation.
- Ensuring all ISO procedures are up-to-date.
- The ISO quality system is monitored and observed.
- Supporting all managers during external health and safety audits and certifications.
- Educated in any relevant field.
- Minimum of 6+ months of professional experience in a Health & Safety position is a must.
- Any relevant certifications will be considered a significant advantage.
- Excellent communication skills in both Greek & English.
- Excellent organisational skills are essential.
- Experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety.
- Diligent with great attention to detail.
- In depth knowledge of legislation and procedures.