Head of Compliance (4709)
CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, an expanding CySEC Regulated Investment Firm with offices in Limassol, we are seeking to recruit a Head of Compliance to join their team in Limassol. The successful applicant will be a holder of the CySEC Advanced Certification and have a minimum of 2+ years of relevant experience in a similar capacity within an Investment Firm.
- Monitoring and reviewing AML and Compliance matters relevant to the Company in relation to the Law.
- Liaise with management to develop investigative strategies.
- Monitoring the expected legal developments and updates, relevant to AML and Compliance, and communicating to senior management in a proactive manner, their possible/expected implications for the Company.
- Prepare an annual AML report and an annual Compliance report, to be submitted to the board of directors of the Company for approval.
- Assisting/dealing with questions/queries relevant to AML and Compliance matters arising in the process of the Company’s operations and in relation to the provision of the relevant Law and the Directives.
- Ensuring that the monitoring of the client accounts and the performance of continuous due diligence after a client is accepted, are being carried out according the Company’s policies and the relevant legislation.
- Ensuring that the Company’s staff is adequately trained in AML matters as these relate to the performance of their respective duties.
- Reviewing and updating, when necessary, the Company’s clients’ Know-Your-Customer and other account opening information.
- Assisting/dealing with CySEC’s requests.
- Assisting/dealing with Client complaints.
- University or postgraduate degree or other equivalent qualification in a field related to Law, economics or finance, including banking and finance, or business administration, or accounting.
- Professional experience for at least two years in full time occupation in an AMLCO, CO, or AMLCO/CO position in another investment firm is a must.
- Holder of the CySEC Advanced Certificate.
- Excellent understanding of CySEC regulation, and associated legislation, such as ESMA and MiFID II.
- Excellent Knowledge of the English language, both written and oral is a must.
- Perform well under pressure.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (World, Excel, Project, PowerPoint).