Head of Compliance (3982)
CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, an established CySEC Regulated Investment Firm with offices in Nicosia, we are seeking to recruit a suitably well-qualified and experienced Head of Compliance to join their team of professionals. The successful applicant must have a minimum of 2+ years of experience in a similar position and will ideally be the holder of a relevant CySEC certification.
- To lead the compliance function within the organization.
- To develop and manage the compliance team.
- To coordinate operational activities and maintain compliance with legal whilst identifying any compliance related issues.
- Prepare and submit compliance reports to the Board of Directors and regulatory bodies.
- Analyze regulatory developments, new compliance legislation and market developments and prepare proposals for management review.
- Enforce organization standards, policies and procedures.
- Prepare new and/or update existing policies and procedures to ensure compliance with CySEC rules and regulations.
- Research regulations by reviewing regulatory bulletins and market standards behaviour.
- Analyze compliance data to support relevant decision making.
- Responsible for training and agreements of the organization’s employees, clients, 3rd parties thus ensuring compliance.
- Degree in Law/Business/Finance or any other related field.
- At least 2 years’ of experience in a similar position or a related financial services firm.
- CySEC Advanced Legal Framework Certificate will be considered a significant advantage.
- Fluency in English is a must.
- Additional languages will be considered advantageous.
- Excellent skills in document and process formation.
- Strong self-starter personality with initiative and the ability to commence and conclude issues from start to finish.
- Strong leadership/management skills.