Graduate Financial Advisory Officer (4646)
CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, a leading Financial Services Consultancy with offices in the heart of Limassol, we are seeking to recruit a bright, hardworking and ambitious Graduate Financial Advisory Officer to join their expanding team of professionals.
- Draft, review and update manuals, policies, processes and procedures with respect to the operations of Financial Institutions (Investment Firms, Funds, Payment and Electronic Money Institutions).
- Perform regular monitoring of Financial Institutions by following Compliance Monitoring Programmes to ensure that compliance standards and obligations are adhered.
- Conduct onsite and desk-based inspections on compliance matters of Financial Institutions.
- Ensure Financial Institutions fulfil their annual obligations and licence conditions.
- Provide advice and solutions to Financial Institutions on compliance queries/issues.
- Work as part of a compliance experts team, coordinate with other departments (e.g. legal & corporate, accounting & tax, capital adequacy, internal audit etc.) and develop strong working relationships.
- Communicate, on behalf of Financial Institutions, with regulatory and other local and EU authorities.
- Communicate with personnel and management of Financial Institutions.
- Communicate with local and EU Banking institutions in accommodating the banking needs of Financial Institutions.
- Prepare applications and notifications to the Cyprus Securities & Exchange Commission on behalf of Financial Institutions.
- Draft and review annual reports on Internal Audit, Compliance, Risk Management and Anti-Money Laundering (‘AML’) matters.
- Conduct AML checks and reviews and undertake client identification and due diligence of CIFs’ clients.
- Review and analyse new regulations and advise how these are impacting Financial Institutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics or Finance or Accounting or Risk Management or Law or related discipline from a reputable university.
- Master’s degree in a related field will be considered an advantage.
- 1-2 years of professional experience in a corporate environment will be considered as an advantage.
- CySEC certificate (Basic or Advanced) for the provision of investment services will be considered as an advantage.
- Excellent command of the English and Greek language, both verbal and written (knowledge of any other language shall be considered an advantage).
- Team spirit, excellent problem-solving abilities and willingness to study and develop.
- Dynamism and ability to deliver results in a timely manner.
- Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate with impact.
- Computer literacy.