Full Stack Software Developer (React Native) (Remote)
This is a unique opportunity to join an innovative blockchain start-up as it grows from product development to in-the-market phase. As a start-up company hiring its first in-house developer, we are looking for an enthusiastic and flexible mindset and offer an opportunity for you to have a strategic influence on how the product and company will develop – offering you development and growth opportunities as well.
You will be responsible for taking on our existing React Native code base and taking full ownership of the associated back-end and front-end elements (except the Blockchain). During the 7-month contract you will optimise the code base and enhance it with key features to be immediately implemented to end users. After this stage, there will be a major upgrading of the app and you will have the opportunity to be a key member of the team which will create the next generation product.
This is not a traditional corporate job, but a team effort to make an impact on the world and bring true value to patients and the healthcare industry. We take a project-based approach to working; working together to identify clear goals which each team member needs to achieve, ensuring alignment with the company’s overall strategy.
You will work remotely with regular team meet-ups in person and virtually, including inspiring “deep-dive” sessions where we all work together to envision and create the future of the products. We are flexible on hours and only care about results.
Initially, this is a 7-month contract however it is likely to be extended to a permanent role and you will be notified of this well within the 7-month period.
Main Duties And Responsibilities
- Clean up and enhance code and documentation of current React Native apps
- Maintain and optimize the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Perform standard app maintenance such as security updates, bug fixes and audits against the latest iOS and Android versions
- Write clean, testable, high-quality code in order to implement new features and enhancements (working from mock-ups)
- Work closely with external developers and UI/UX designers
- Develop quality assurance procedures including implementing automated and integrated testing solutions
- Configure and support web API connections
- Identify areas for modification in our existing applications and communicate changes needed (Continuous Improvement process)
- Contribute to the strategy and long-term vision of the code design and full architecture
- Perform other duties, as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field or 3+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Hands-on, advanced experience with React Native app development
- Experience with: C++ or C#, an advantage
- Experience with AGILE methodologies
- Excellent knowledge of English. Greek an advantage
- A self-starter who can work autonomously being able to identify all needs to ensure smooth running and improvement of the apps
- Knowledge of HL7 data structures, an advantage
- Knowledge of blockchain, an advantage
- Competitive Salary
- Remote Working
- Flexible Hours
- Positive Environment
- Opportunity for growth including building your own team