DevOps Engineer (4589)
CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, an International Online Marketing company with regional offices in Larnaca, we are seeking to recruit an experienced DevOps Engineer to join their team of professionals.
Key Duties/ Responsibilities:
- You will be ensuring the reliability of our IT services, building infrastructure to enable our team’s production, testing and cloud environments, and greasing the rails of our platforms and systems to ensure they’re robust, efficient, and easy to deploy and maintain.
- Assist our development teams in maintaining and supporting our existing server and software infrastructure.
- Scale our production and staging systems through automation with industry standard server and deployment tools.
- Create, maintain and improve continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD) processes.
- Build additional functionality into our operations stack that improves ease-of-use, reliability, and dev-ops response times.
- Monitor, triage and respond to alerts in our 24/7/365 environment.
- Debug production incidents, and be an invaluable asset to our development teams in any crisis.
- Configure new environments for a growing set of external and internal projects and office locations.
- Participate in audits and platform reviews, and ensure that the foundation for our services is best-in-class.
- University degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 3+ years’ hands-on experience working in Linux based systems operations, preferably as a Linux systems administrator or DevOps engineer.
- Experience with continuous integration, delivery, testing, and code deployment.
- Experience with version control systems, particularly Git/Github.
- Familiarity with Agile and Scrum/ Kanban.
- Experience with task and test automation.
- Solid expertise in managing cloud based environments (AWS, DO).
- Deep understanding of computer networking, TCP/UDP, distributed computing, web services, and the fundamental protocols used by the internet (HTTP, HTTPS, etc.).
- First-hand experience with deployment technologies (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.), preferably with Kubernetes, Docker and Ansible.
- Experience in LDAP based identity management server setup/maintenance.
- Familiarity with server, network and application monitoring tools that exist (preferably with FileBeat, AuditBeat, Logstash, ElasticSearch, Graylog, Zabbix) and you know how to utilize them in tandem to make world-class production infrastructure.
- Pro-level understanding of IT security and how to prevent and resolve security related incidents.
- Knowledge of database administration (MariaDB, PostgreSQL and Microsoft SQL) would be considered an advantage.
- Strong experience with web servers, particularly Nginx, and with installing/managing SSL certificates.
- Professional knowledge of the MacOS operating system and MacOS related security measures will be considered as an advantage.
- Willingness to do what it takes to help your teammates – especially in stressful situations.
- Enthusiasm about working on a dedicated, fast growing team where they’ll be given a lot of autonomy.
- Professional ability to communicate across all levels of the IT departments and are organized in a way to respond in a timely manner to questions/concerns in an individual or group context.
- Solid documentation skills.