Database Administrator (4746)
CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, a rapidly expanding CySEC Licensed Investment Firm with offices in Limassol, we are seeking to recruit a Database Administrator to join their team of professionals. The successful applicant will have a minimum of 4+ years of experience in Database Administration and speak an excellent level of fluent English.
- Responsible for ensuring availability and performance of all company databases including our Data Warehouse. (Databases used in the firm are SQL Server, MySQL, Progress and Mongo).
- Ownership of DBA tasks for SQL Server and MySQL.
- Manage database users and permissions.
- Manage backup and recovery for production database and ensure that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly.
- Carry out capacity planning.
- Work closely with the internal development departments, business intelligence team and CRM administrator.
- Design schemas and other database objects.
- Monitor database servers and resolve performance issues.
- Responsible for implementing database architectural changes to make database infrastructure highly scalable and optimized.
- Perform database server updates.
- Develop automated DBA tasks.
- Critical Out of Hours Support, the candidate must be flexible about being on-call and working out of hours for both planned changes and emergency support.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
- 4+ years of DBA experience.
- Experience on working with SQL Server and MySQL is a must.
- Having experience with Progress and Mongo would be an advantage but not essential.
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity, monitoring and SQL.
- Experience working with cloud platform technologies (AWS, Azure).
- Ability to troubleshoot query performance based on query plans of multiple database technologies.
- Practical experience in monitoring and tuning a database to provide a high availability service.
- Familiarity with database design, documentation and coding.
- Experience in SSIS/SSAS is a plus.
- Excellent Problem-solving skills.
- Good interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Fluent in verbal and written English.
- Administration experience of Windows Server 2016+ and Centos.
- Management of EC2 and Azure instances and linking with databases.
- Ability to produce accurate and relevant documentation and diagrams.
- Accurate record keeping and project/ticket task updates.
- Awareness of enterprise security and best practices surrounding data access.
- Understanding of no-SQL database for storing tick data would be a be plus.