Core Network Planning Engineer (4609)
CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, one of Cyprus’ most well-known and respected Telecommunications Providers with offices in the heart of Nicosia, we are seeking to recruit a highly competent Core Network Planning Engineer to join their expanding team of professionals. The successful applicants will be a minimum of two years’ experience within a similar position.
- Plans, designs and dimensions (hardware and software) the elements of the Core Networks.
- Prepares and applies detailed configuration instructions.
- Designs and dimensions the intra- and inter-connectivity with other networks and/or high-level elements of the network (e.g. MSS, MGW, MME, SGSN, S/P-GW, GGSN, MGCF, BSC, RNC).
- Instructs and authorizes configuration changes and implementation of new and existing elements in the Core Networks.
- Implements configuration changes of new and existing elements in the Core Networks.
- Orders hardware, features, functionalities and software releases for the Core Networks.
- Prepares customer solutions in the Core Networks.
- Generates performance and optimization reports for the elements of the Core Networks.
- Participates in the acceptance tests of new elements and features in the Core Networks.
- Contacts vendors, exchanging information for software and hardware upgrades.
- Analyzes overall network impact of proposed configuration changes.
- Studies new technologies and proposes improvements in the Core Networks.
- Documents network configurations, maintaining an updated library with the configurations of the network.
- Monitors daily health of the Core Network Elements and works to solve issues that might arise.
- Receives and troubleshoots customer complaints as reported by Customer Care agents in a timely manner.
- Be a part of an on-call support scheme for critical incidents.
- Degree in Electronic Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering or Computer Science.
- Postgraduate degree in Electronic Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, preferably with a specialization in Telecommunications or Networks will be considered as an advantage.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Knowledge of mobile and fixed/DSL network concepts, architectures and communication flows.
- Knowledge of signalling systems, e.g. SS7, SIGTRAN.
- Knowledge of signalling protocols, e.g. ISUP, MAP, SIP.
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN switching and routing technologies and protocols.
- Capability to generate and analyse measurement reports.
- Good knowledge of Unix or Linux.
- Fluent written and spoken Greek and English.
- Very strong analytical and problem solving skills.