Compliance Officer (Part-Time) (4626)
CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, a long-established and respected International company operating in the Insurance sector, we are seeking to recruit a Compliance Officer to join their team based in Nicosia on a Part-Time basis. The successful applicant must have previous and demonstrable Compliance experience, ideally from the Insurance, Reinsurance or Financial Services Sectors and be fluent in both Greek and English. Our client is very flexible regarding the exact working schedule for this role, depending on the skills and experience of the applicant.
- Assist in the maintenance of an updated regulatory framework applicable to Insurance Companies, covering laws, regulations and policies.
- Assist in the preparation of gap analysis and action plan for compliance with new/amended regulations, laws and/or directives.
- Monitor the Company’s compliance with its reporting obligations to the Regulator and assist in preparing compliance related reports which need to be submitted to the Regulator.
- Assist in preparing and updating of relevant policies and procedures of the Company addressing the regulatory requirements as identified through the regulatory framework.
- Assist in the maintenance and implementation of an effective AML Program of the company’s subsidiary covering training of staff, monitoring of transactions, reporting of transactions to the Competent Authorities and sanctions screening of transactions/customers. Report monthly to the AML officer.
- Assist the Company in ensuring that it is in compliance with the legal obligations of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Monitor the remediation of gaps and/or weaknesses identified during regulatory and/or other external reviews on compliance matters.
- Assist in the preparation of reports and relevant MIS on compliance matters to Senior Management and the Audit Committee.
- Assist in the preparation of rental agreements and the review of legal documents of the company’s subsidiary involved in real estate management and development.
- A University and/or a Master’s degree in Law, Insurance, Economics, Banking or in a related field.
- Relevant professional experience; experience in compliance issues in the reinsurance and insurance or Banking sector will be considered as an advantage.
- Legal background will be considered as an advantage.
- Fluency in both the Greek and English Languages (German language will be an advantage).
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office applications).
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to develop positive working relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to delivering high quality standard of work.
- Self-driven, with integrity and professionalism.