Compliance Officer (4770)
CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, a long-established and highly respected provider of Legal and other related services to both Local & International clients, we are seeking to recruit a Compliance Officer to join their expanding team of professionals based in Limassol. The successful applicant will be a holder of the CySEC Advanced Certification ad hold a minimum of 2+ years of relevant, professional work experience.
- Provide advice and solutions to Investment Firms and other FS Institutions within and outside of the EU on regulatory compliance matters relating to the licensing / authorization / activation in ensuring compliance with the applicable EU and Non-EU laws and regulations.
- Communicate on behalf of investment firms with the Cyprus Securities & Exchange Commission and other local and EU authorities.
- Create impact assessment, prepare applications, notifications and record updates for the Cyprus Securities & Exchange Commission (CySEC) on behalf of regulated entities.
- Advise / support / adhere to regulator onsite inspections of regulatory compliance matters.
- Developing (drafting, reviewing and updating) the required documentation (i.e. compliance rules, manuals, instructions, policies, procedures etc.) with respect to the operations of regulated entities (investment firms, e-money and payment institutions.
- On-going compliance support to firm clients, through regular monitoring of the compliance team practices in coordination with other departments (legal & corporate, accounting & tax, capital adequacy, internal audit etc.), to ensure that compliance standards and obligations of regulated entities are adhered to while also ensuring firm fulfil their annual obligations and licence conditions.
- Support to regulated entities with drafting and review of annual reports on Compliance, Risk Management, Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and related matters, undertake client identification and due diligence of investment firms’ clients.
- Provide guidance to clients, compliance expert team, though the development of compliance and AML training material for the ongoing training to its personnel.
- Be up to date with new regulations, analyse and advise how laws may impact investment firms.
- Business Degree in Law, or Economics, or Mathematics, or Finance, or Risk Management or other related discipline.
- CySEC Advanced Certification.
- Minimum 2-4 years industry experience, ideally having worked within Corporate, Finance Sector.
- Strong Communication skills in Greek and in English, written and verbal.
- Strong organisational traits, analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Problem solving abilities and initiations.
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills.
- Personal development traits within the field and following best practice trends.