Compliance Officer (4645)
CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, an expanding provider of Financial & Professional Services to clients across the World, we are seeking to recruit a Compliance Officer to join their team based in Limassol. The successful applicant must have previous work experience within a similar position and have knowledge of the MiFID framework.
- Develop and implement an effective legal compliance program.
- Create sound internal controls and monitor adherence to them.
- Draft and revise company policies.
- Proactively audit processes, practices and documents to identify weaknesses.
- Evaluate business activities (e.g. investments) to assess compliance risk.
- Collaborate with external auditors and HR when needed.
- Set plans to manage compliance violation.
- Educate and train employees on regulations and industry practices.
- Address employee concerns or questions on legal compliance.
- Keep abreast of internal standards and business goals.
- BSc/BA in law, finance, business administration or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Compliance Officer or Compliance Manager.
- Sound knowledge of AML and MiFID II.
- Experience in risk management.
- Knowledge of legal requirements and controls.
- Familiarity with industry practices and professional standards.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Integrity and professional ethics, business acumen.
- Attention to detail.
- A relevant professional certification relating to compliance (CySEC etc..) will be considered an advantage.