A new, pivotal managerial role has arisen in our Shipping section, in an established firm looking for its next Company Manager to oversee the business.
Our client is an agent of a firm handling imports and exports of containers for general cargo so it is essential that this key manager be a proven leader and someone who understands port operations and the Cyprus market for imports and exports.
- To promote the Company, its principals, and their services and strive to meet the targets set by the Company
- To participate in forming the Company strategy, meeting targets, and increasing business and profitability
- To carry out market research, develop a customer database, and actively seek to gain new business and identify opportunities for cooperation
- To contact new and existing customers and maintain good relations with them
- To implement sales strategy and impose sales targets on sales officers
- To train and evaluate the performance of the sales team
- To process import and export rate requests, prepare and send quotations
- To secure space, freight rates, and equipment for import/export shipments
- To keep clients updated and informed about their shipment status and solve any problems with their booking/shipment (sailings/equipment/space)
- To fully utilize Company approved software to record all actions in the system and prepare statistical reports
- To review and check the documentation and ensure the information noted is correct and as per agreement with the shipping line and clients
- Work closely with the accounts team
- Report to the CEO and assist with strategy
- To stay up to date with current market conditions, international developments, and competition
- To assist in the collection of all receivables from clients, incl. demurrages
- To actively seek customer feedback, report, and record all customer complaints received and decide upon the corrective action required to address them
- Manage and supervise various teams such as Sales and Documentation
- Bachelor degree (essential)
- Master’s degree (preferred)
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in marketing/ sales
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the shipping industry (preferred)
- Excellent computer knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written Greek and English
- Strong, proven managerial experience of subordinates and teams
- Should have a general understanding of shipping documents and the role of a shipping agent.
- Strong work ethic with attention to health and safety
- 13th and 14th salaries
- Medical insurance for in-hospitalization only
- 1,5% provident fund
HR Innovate is an equal opportunity Recruiting Agency and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We are committed to protecting your personal data.