Client Onboarding Specialist (4606)
CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, a market-leading and rapidly expanding technology-driven provider of eMoney, Payments and Identity Verification solutions to clients across the globe, we are seeking to recruit a Client Onboarding Specialist to join their team. The successful applicant will ideally have extensive experience in underwriting merchant accounts and speak an outstanding level of fluent English.
- Compliance with the Company’s policies and procedures, including audit requirements, confidentiality, AML/CTF, information security and data privacy of the Company’s customers and end users.
- Administration of the initial on-boarding and ongoing operational merchant due diligence and card scheme compliance.
- Maintains and reviews current information on existing accounts.
- Ensuring merchants are on-boarded according to company policies and procedures.
- Contacting merchants, requesting, gathering and checking completeness of all merchant due diligence data, information and/or documentation required per Company Procedures.
- Verifying the data, documents and information including checks of merchant incorporation status via company house/company registrar, regulators, specialist databases and public access databases.
- Identifying and verifying persons of significant control, including beneficial owners.
- Identifying and verifying that merchants have appropriate licensing to operate in AML/CFT regulated sectors, including checking the status of the license, any geographical limitations set by regulators on operators, fines and/or sanctions imposed.
- Recording merchant status for on-boarding and go live as well as keeping accurate records at termination to ensure records are always up to date.
- Setting up accurate and precise filing systems whether soft / hard copy, according to company policies and procedures.
- Carrying out merchant on-boarding checks on websites (where appropriate) including ghost shopping and investigation of merchant compliance to card schemes and where relevant, regulators.
- Summarizing status and compiling the above into pre-agreed formats for review by the Chief Risk Officer, the AMLCO and the Chief Operating Officer.
- Updating the above on an annual basis for each merchant.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Law or other related field.
- Up to 5+ years of experience in underwriting merchant accounts.
- Proficiency in English (both written and oral).
- Prior merchant services, client onboarding or underwriting experience.
- Solid analytical, negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Time management skills, good communication skills and negotiation ability.
- Ability to communicate effectively with our client and business partners.