Chief Executive Officer (4769)
CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, an International Engineering company with a global presence, we are seeking to recruit a Chief Executive Officer to join and lead their operations here in Cyprus. The successful applicant will ideally have a strong background in the Construction industry, possess excellent Sales & Marketing skills and a strong, in-depth knowledge of the Cyprus market.
- Creates an environment and culture that focuses on fulfilling the company’s mission, vision, and values.
- Operational management of all business departments.
- Develops business prospects by studying economic trends and revenue opportunities; projecting acquisition and expansion prospects; analyzing organization operations; identifying opportunities for improvement, cost reduction, and systems enhancement; and accumulating capital to fund expansion.
- Ensures the company is staffed with well-trained, quality, and engaged employees at all times; works closely with the executive management team to develop effective hiring, training, and compensation plans to retain our quality talent; and leads and mentors staff, engaging and empowering them to be successful in serving customers.
- Oversees financial performance and risk profile while ensuring that all of regulatory obligations are met; manages the design and implementation of new products and services; and oversees brand development and the implementation of effective marketing strategies.
- Represents company at important business functions, community events, industry training and events, and networking opportunities.
- Ensures quality metrics are achieved through sound business processes following regulatory agency guidelines.
- Focuses on consensus building efforts and strategic planning.
- Ensures the timely submission of month-end financial and operational reviews, contributes to the development of and participation in corporate-wide strategic planning efforts.
- Monitors company performance by measuring and analyzing results, initiating corrective actions, and minimizing the impact of variances.
- Increases revenues and income before inter-company allocations and implements operating cost controls in the areas of staffing, supplies, purchased services, etc.
- Communicates circumstances and events of operations to officers, managers and other appropriate people to keep all apprised.
- Effectively manages contract negotiations and statutory compliance.
- Updates job knowledge by remaining aware of new regulations, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Educated to degree level in Civil Engineering or a similar, relevant Engineering Field.
- Extensive, demonstrable experience in the Construction sector is a must.
- Experience in developing, planning and implementing successful strategies.
- In-depth knowledge of corporate governance, finance and performance management principles.
- Expertise with various business functions such as marketing, sales, finance, HR etc.
- Leadership skills are essential.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Analytical mindset and problem-solving orientation.
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills in Greek & English.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.