BI Data Engineer (4761)
CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, one of Europe’s fastest growing Investment Firms, with offices in Limassol and regulated by CySEC, we are seeking to recruit a BI Data Engineer to join their team. The successful applicant will hold a relevant academic background in Data Science or related field and possess strong SQL skills and experience working with large data sets.
As a BI Data Engineer with a focus on data visualizations, you will join our Business Intelligence team dedicated to empowering the company to make data driven decisions. You will work across various business units (Risk, Sales, Operations, Product etc..) to create BI reports, dashboards, and improve existing reporting processes. Experience in ETL development, data architecture and data warehousing is crucial. Solid communication skills and building interdepartmental relationships are critical to success in this role.
- B.Sc./MSc in Computer Science, Data Science or related field.
- Passion for using data visualization tools to turn complex data sets into actionable insights.
- Strong SQL skills and experience with large data sets required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to translate complex source data into a consumable format and structure.
- Ability in liaising with product management and content owners to produce impactful visualizations.
- Expertise in data visualization, including dashboard development and design principles using Power BI or Tableau or other reporting tools.
- Design and implement complex, multi-step ETLs.
- Perform data profiling, data mapping, and data quality validation.
- Knowledge of data warehouse design concepts such as star and snowflake schema design, and slowly changing dimensions.
- Excellent knowledge of the English Language both written and oral, is a Must.
- Interest in data modelling and statistical analysis with Python or R would be an advantage
- Familiarity with cloud services and source control systems would be an advantage.
- Experience in financial markets would be an advantage.
- Written and verbal communication skills and the ability to influence others would be an advantage.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum Methodology would be an advantage.