Associate Consultant (4731)
CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, an established and expanding company providing Financial Advisory Services to clients, we are seeking to recruit an Associate Consultant to join their team in Limassol. The successful applicant will have previous and demonstrable experience in a similar capacity and will be fluent in both Greek and English.
- Draft, review and update manuals, policies, processes and procedures with respect to the operations of Financial Institutions (Investment Firms, Funds, Payment and Electronic Money Institutions).
- Perform regular monitoring of Financial Institutions by following Compliance Monitoring Programmes to ensure that compliance standards and obligations are adhered.
- Conduct onsite and desk-based inspections on compliance matters of Financial Institutions.
- Ensure Financial Institutions fulfil their annual obligations and licence conditions.
- Provide advice and solutions to Financial Institutions on compliance queries/issues.
- Work as part of a compliance experts team, coordinate with other departments (e.g. legal & corporate, accounting & tax, capital adequacy, internal audit etc.) and develop strong working relationships.
- Communicate, on behalf of Financial Institutions, with regulatory and other local and EU authorities.
- Communicate with personnel and management of Financial Institutions.
- Communicate with local and EU Banking institutions in accommodating the banking needs of Financial Institutions.
- Prepare applications and notifications to the Cyprus Securities & Exchange Commission on behalf of Financial Institutions.
- Draft and review annual reports on Internal Audit, Compliance, Risk Management and Anti-Money Laundering (‘AML’) matters.
- Conduct AML checks and reviews and undertake client identification and due diligence of CIFs’ clients.
- Review and analyse new regulations and advise how these are impacting Financial Institutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics or Finance or Accounting or Risk Management or Law or related discipline from a reputable UK University.
- Master’s degree in a related field will be considered an advantage.
- 1-2 years of professional experience in a corporate environment will be considered as an advantage.
- CySEC certificate (Basic or Advanced) for the provision of investment services will be considered as an advantage.
- Excellent command of the English and Greek language, both verbal and written (knowledge of any other language shall be considered an advantage).
- Team spirit, excellent problem-solving abilities and willingness to study and develop.
- Dynamism and ability to deliver results in a timely manner.
- Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate with impact.
- Computer literacy.