Assistant Controller (4733)
CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, an established technology company operating in the iGaming industry, we are seeking to recruit an Assistant Controller to join their team in Nicosia. The successful candidate will be a full member of a relevant accounting body (ACCA/ACA/CPA) and possess a minimum of 3+ years of relevant professional experience in a similar capacity.
- Direct line management of local accounting team in Cyprus.
- Oversee any outsourced Accounting activities.
- Support the month-end and year-end close accounting process at local and Group level.
- Ensure that Company obligations towards tax authorities are fulfilled in co-operation with outsource partners as required.
- Accurate preparation/reporting of monthly financial results in strict accordance with company deadlines.
- Timely and accurate preparation of Statutory Financial Statements and completion of statutory audits in co-operation with Group Auditors.
- Review/Carry out Reconciliations between Back-office systems and third-Party systems ensuring the accuracy of Data.
- Participate in the preparation of budget and forecasts, and review and report on actual results.
- Preparation of the monthly management reports and Analysis for Senior Management.
- Assist in the preparation of the Group consolidated financial statements.
- Contribute to the preparation of the Board reporting pack.
- Responsible for Banking and Cash Reporting/Forecasting.
- Support local and group projects as appropriate.
- Assist in preparing and/or updating policies and procedures.
- Ad hoc analysis.
- Any other task assigned by management from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- Membership of an accounting body (ACA, ACCA) with 4+ years of post-qualification experience.
- 3+ years experience in similar role in an international company.
- Previous experience in working with SAP Business One /Netsuite shall be considered an advantage.
- Excellent prioritization and organization skills, ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a team player.
- Dynamic, driven and self-motivated character.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook).