Assistant Compliance Officer (4729)
CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, an award-winning, CySEC Licensed Investment Firm with offices in the heart of Larnaca, we are seeking to recruit an Assistant Compliance Officer to join their expanding team. The successful applicant will have a minimum of 1+ years of relevant experience in a similar position and will ideally hold a relevant CySEC Certification.
- Reporting to the Head of Compliance making recommendations for the department by monitoring and assessing the level of compliance risk that the Company faces.
- Monitoring the adequacy and effectiveness of the measures and procedures of the Company making necessary amendments to ensure compliance with CySEC requirements.
- Designing and implementing the Company’s Compliance/AML/GDPR policies and monitoring procedures.
- Prepare the Annual Compliance Officer Report.
- Supports the Head of Compliance by monitoring and assessing the adequacy and effectiveness of the measures and procedures in place designed to detect any risk of failure by the Company to comply with its obligations under Law 87(I)/2017.
- Ensuring that the Company’s reporting obligations and relevant notifications to CySEC are made accurately and promptly and within the deadlines set by CySEC.
- Liaising with Company’s External and Internal Auditors providing necessary information to carry out their annual examination.
- Being updated with changes in the legal framework making suggestions to Head of Compliance for implementation in the Company’s business to ensure compliance with the changed requirements.
- Ensuring that orderly records of Company’s correspondence with CySEC and/or any other competent authority are kept both in an electronic and hard copy form.
- Providing guidance and assistance to all departments of the Company responding to compliance enquires, as necessary.
- Training the staff of the Company about compliance function, as necessary.
- University Degree in Legal, Finance or Economics field or similar.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a relevant/similar position.
- Experience within regulated company would be considered an advantage.
- Preferably holding CySEC Certificates of Professional Competence.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Greek and English.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment.