Accounts Assistant (4656)
CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, an established and highly respected Group of Companies with diverse business interests, we are seeking to recruit an Accounts Assistant to join their expanding team in Nicosia. The successful applicant will ideally be working towards a formal accounting qualification (ACCA/ACA) and have previous, demonstrable work experience in line with the requirements below.
- Ensuring the decisions and instructions of management and the CA are adhered to at all times.
- Assisting with the smooth running of the accounts and financial reporting function.
- Assisting with the preparation of all financial accounting responsibilities and deliverables.
- Ensuring maintenance of proper books of accounts in accordance with Cyprus legislation.
- Maintenance of the general ledger.
- Assisting with the preparation of periodic management accounts and reports as requested.
- Assisting in the financial reporting for allocated companies.
- “Rapid reaction” for ad hoc requests from CA and provide “on demand” analysis on the outputs.
- Assisting with the preparation of annual financial statements in accordance with International Accounting Standards and Cyprus companies Law.
- Liaising with Inland Revenue as required.
- Assisting with the preparation of annual tax computation.
- Assisting with the preparation and submission of provisional tax declaration.
- Liaising with auditors and facilitating the audit for allocated companies.
- Preparation of reports as requested by the CA.
- Partially Qualified ACA or ACCA (towards qualification).
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Internet Explorer.
- Excellent bookkeeping and accounting knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Well-developed organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to properly use, maintain and take care of work related materials and equipment.
- Solid knowledge of IFRSs and Cyprus Companies Law and Tax Legislation.
- Experience with CaseWare working papers.