Accounting & Tax Compliance Officer (4659)
CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, an International service provider with offices in Limassol, we are seeking to recruit an Accounting and Tax Compliance Officer to join their team. The successful applicant will have a minimum of 2+ years’ experience within a Payroll, Tax and/or Accounting environment and possess excellent analytical and customer service skills. Full, industry-specific training will be given the successful applicant.
- Handling company registration for all the statutory purposes such as registration as a foreign employer and to run a local payroll and pay VAT, where necessary.
- Local registrations and the tax and social security registrations and investigating any benefits under a Double Tax Treaty or Social Security Treaty.
- Register the company to benefit from all the legitimate tax breaks that are available and maximise retention.
- Handling payroll and if necessary apply for Early Double Tax Relief
- Ensure that local corporation tax and VAT liabilities are settled and, where possible, mitigated.
- Handling of company and individual accounting.
- Handling company annual returns, individual tax returns, expenses etc
- You will collect and verify compliance related documentation adhering to strict EU data protection laws.
- Registration and deregistration of clients for social security, taxation and the administration and provision of payroll services.
- Experience of personal/corporate tax and the tax authorities in any of the following jurisdictions is a must: UK, Belgium, Luxembourg, Denmark, France, Ireland, Norway, Sweden and/or The Netherlands.
- 2+ years’ experience working in a Payroll, Tax or Accounting; preferably with a background in financial accounting (UK limited company accounting is highly advantageous).
- Experience in international taxation particularly tax residency and the use of Double Tax Treaties is highly advantageous.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and very good in Excel.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a global team environment.
- Proactive with good attention to detail and a passion for providing a high level of client satisfaction.
- Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines and to take ownership of assignments.
- A friendly and outgoing individual who genuinely enjoys dealing with people.
- Must demonstrate good attention to detail and have the ability to work to a high degree of accuracy.
- Concise written and spoken (business) English is essential.
- An excellent professional telephone manner is essential for the role as is a passion for doing a good job and providing excellent service to customers.
- An extremely positive and proactive approach to work with the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- A highly organised approach with the ability to balance priorities.