On behalf of our client, a CySEC and CBC regulated payment institution in Nicosia, we are looking to recruit a loyal and motivated Accounting Officer. The Accounting Officer will be reporting directly to the CFO of the Company.
- Processes payments and documents such as invoices, journal vouchers, employee reimbursements and statements
- Enters, updates, and/or retrieves accounting data from automated systems
- Posts financial data to appropriate accounts in an automated accounting system according to instructions
- Reviews on-line transactions for changes and accuracy and corrects errors
- Perform end of day procedure with the aim to reconcile the profit and position between the banking and the accounting system
- To keep records of VAT and prepare quarterly VAT report
- Prepares bank reconciliation statement every week
- To prepare monthly management report in an accurate and timely manner
- To liaise with the Banks on matters relating to the Company’s accounts
- Interaction with the back office department for the provision of clarifying information, data about the payment verification, etc.
- Interaction with the Compliance and Treasury department (where necessary)
- Preparation of required monthly, quarterly or half –yearly reporting to CySEC and CBC
- File and archive documents connected to the accounting function
- Liaise with external auditors
- Performs related work as assigned
- Preferably a degree or diploma in accounting
- Experience in similar positions
- Excellent communicating skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Responsible, careful, detailed and meticulous
- Experience in working with Payment Institutions, EMIs or Investment firms is a plus
- Be fluent in Greek and English
What the company offer:
- Competitive remuneration package based on knowledge and experience
- Provident fund scheme
- Sponsorship on work related training
CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, an established CySEC Licensed Investment Firm with offices in the heart of Nicosia, we are seeking to recruit a highly competent and suitably well-qualified Accounting Officer to join their expanding team of professionals. The successful applicant will have a minimum of 1-2 years of relevant accounting experience, ideally within the Financial Services and/or Forex sector.
- Managing the process of preparation and review of monthly management accounts.
- Assistance with the monthly budget.
- Assistance with the monthly cash flow projections.
- Preparation of clients’ money daily and monthly reconciliations.
- Assisting in the management of year end audit process.
- Opening and maintaining bank accounts.
- Assisting with payments to suppliers.
- Liaising and coordinating with other group offices.
- Preparing ad hoc reports as may be requested from time to time.
- University Degree in an accounting or Finance related Field.
- 1-2 years’ experience in the Financial Services Industry – Investment Firms (preferably Forex).
- Fluency in English (verbal and written). Knowledge of other languages will be considered an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to take initiative.