Accounting Officer – Forex – Limassol – Ref#645
A forex brokerage established in 2012 built for success with optimised trading, are working with GRS to recruit an Accounting Officer to join their rapidly expanding Limassol operation. The successful candidate will have 3-5 years of practical accounting ideally within the Forex sector, and an understanding of payroll procedures. If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience, then this Accounting Officer position would be a great career move in joining a team of industry experts who work with dedication and professionalism.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Book-keeping and recording the Company’s transactions, and preparation of monthly reports required by Management.
- Conduct clients’ reconciliation.
- Preparation of the monthly Payroll report.
- Recording, controlling, and reporting of the entities and transactions of the cash and bank accounts.
- Preparing relevant reports required by the Auditors or the Company’s Management.
- Effecting of the payment of expenses, the payroll, taxes, and the payments to the Company’s creditors.
- Organization of the record keeping in a proper and efficient manner for the period required by the legislation and regulations and in a way that enables the examination during ordinary and / or special control visits by all competent authorities (CySEC, Inland Revenue etc.) and/or auditors.
- Preparation of tax returns.
- Preparation or assistance in the Capital adequacy and Quarterly statistics report.
- Processing client’s withdrawals and deposits.
- Handling bank relations.
- Settling invoices and payments for service providers.
- Producing Trial Balance, P & L reports, assist in financial statements.
- Daily reconciliation of client money/custody assets to client balances and/or external statements.
- Support in the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Manage the accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Manage the reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Ensures the accurate and timely processing of positive pay transactions.
- Ensures all supplier invoices are paid as per the terms and conditions agreed.
- Manage daily banking requirements.
- Manage developing more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Manage external auditors to ensure a clean and timely year end audit.
- Support the general ledger to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Manage development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Execute and reconcile the payment of payroll for all the company employees.
- Ensure timely delivery and collection of documents.
- Process company’s payroll every pay period.
- Maintain payroll processing system and records by gathering, calculating, and inputting data
- Handle, prepare and administer the full cycle of the Payroll process.
- Liaise with all relevant professional bodies as such Social Insurances, Taxes etc.
- Produce daily, weekly, and monthly reports in accordance with the provided standards and regulations.
- Ensure relevance on calculations of salaries, taxation, provident fund, GESY, benefits, etc.
- Keep, update, and maintain salary records accordingly.
- Ensure that documentation is accurate, relevant, and updated according to the New, Promoted or/and Terminated Employees.
- Distribute and transfer online the wages to employees’ bank accounts and provide them with the necessary documentation (payslips etc.).
- Handles changes in exemptions, job status, and job titles.
- Adhere to payroll policies and procedures that complies with relevant law.
- Complete payroll reports for record-keeping purposes or managerial review.
- Assist with any other ad-hoc reporting and investigations when necessary.
- Perform any other ad-hoc duties as assigned by the Human Resources Executive.
- Responsible for the proper and efficient filing of all documents relating to the above procedures.
- At least 3 years of previous industry accounting experience ideally within the Forex industry.
- 3-5 years of experience in accounting/audit position,
- Experience in Financial Services of a CIF would be considered an advantage.
- University Degree in Accounting and Finance/ Economics or related field.
- ACCA or ACA qualified will be considered as advantage.
- IT literate (Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel and Word).
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to prioritize in a fast-paced deadline driven environment.
- Fluent in English.
- Advanced Mathematical and Excel skills.
- Hands-on experience and deep knowledge of Accounting software.
- Strong knowledge of Labor legislation and Payroll procedures.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive at GRS Recruitment, only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
To apply for this position, please email your CV to Ross Pitman, email@example.com the above job reference or call +357 25 342 720 for further information.