Accounting Officer (4518)
CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, a CySEC and CBC regulated payment institution with offices in Nicosia, we are seeking to recruit a bright and enthusiastic Accounting Officer to join their expanding team of professionals. The successful applicant will ideally have a relevant academic background as well as previous, demonstrable professional experience in a similar capacity.
- Processes payments and documents such as invoices, journal vouchers, employee reimbursements and statements.
- Enters, updates, and/or retrieves accounting data from automated systems.
- Posts financial data to appropriate accounts in an automated accounting system according to instructions.
- Reviews on-line transactions for changes and accuracy and corrects errors.
- Perform end of day procedure with the aim to reconcile the profit and position between the banking and the accounting system.
- To keep records of VAT and prepare quarterly VAT report.
- Prepares bank reconciliation statement every week.
- To prepare monthly management report in an accurate and timely manner.
- To liaise with the Banks on matters relating to the Company’s accounts.
- Interaction with the back office department for the provision of clarifying information, data about the payment verification, etc.
- Interaction with the Compliance and Treasury department (where necessary).
- Preparation of required monthly, quarterly or half –yearly reporting to CySEC and CBC.
- File and archive documents connected to the accounting function.
- Liaise with external auditors.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Preferably a degree or diploma in accounting.
- Previous experience in a similar position/s is a must.
- Excellent communication skills in Greek and English (Written & Spoken).
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Responsible, careful, detailed and meticulous.
- Experience in working with Payment Institutions, EMIs or Investment firms is a plus.