CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, a market-leading and rapidly expanding technology-driven provider of eMoney, Payments and Identity Verification solutions to clients across the globe, we are seeking to recruit an experienced and highly competent Accounting Manager to join their expanding team of professionals based in Nicosia. The successful applicant will have a minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience and will provide ongoing support to the Financial Controller to ensure the smooth functioning of the finance department.
- Work closely and report to the Financial Controller (FC).
- Compilation and submission of the Monthly Trial Balance to the FC, ensuring its’ accuracy and completeness.
- Ensure the accounting entries adhere the International Accounting Standards.
- Supervise a team of accountants, providing guidance and support for the daily/monthly reconciliations, bookkeeping and classifications in the accounts.
- Work closely with the FC for the preparation of the Monthly Management Accounts.
- Preparation of monthly Actual Cashflow vs Forecasts report.
- Continuously review, recommend and implement improvements / enhancements to accounting and reporting procedures.
- To monitor and record revenue and expenses and to timely raise any red flags to FC.
- Constantly monitor the performance of reporting staff and manage, motivate and train them to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of performance.
- To ensure the daily Assets vs Liabilities report is accurate and complete.
- Coordinate the annual external audit.
- Ensure all the required finance and administration files are maintained.
- University Degree in Accounting, Finance or a professional qualification (ACCA/ACA).
- Good interpretation and understanding of financial data.
- Team player (communication and interpersonal skills).
- Analytical thinking and attention to detail.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience completing a group consolidation will be considered as a strong advantage.
- Banking and international experience will be considered as a strong advantage.
- Proficiency in English (both written and oral).
- Attention to detail and ability to work under pressure – daily/weekly/monthly deadlines.