CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, a long-established Non-Profit organisation with regional offices in Cyprus, we are seeking to recruit an Accountant to join their expanding team based in Nicosia. The successful applicant will have previous experience in a similar position as described below and possess outstanding communication skills in English.
- Responsible for bookkeeping.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly, quarterly and yearly accounts.
- Preparation monthly financial reports with budget controls for Managers and Directors.
- Provide input to and assist the annual budget processes.
- Assist when required in preparing consolidated financial accounts and consolidated budgets.
- Undertake other responsibilities at the request of the Financial Controller as well as assist where possible on the day to day finance related activities.
- Prepare a monthly income report.
- Prepare a monthly budget vs actual report for all projects.
- Monitor and ensure the sound financial management of projects.
- Review project financial reports investigating project variances.
- Co-ordinate and facilitate the audit of the grant as per the contractual agreement.
- University degree in Business Administration, Economics and/or Accounting and Finance or any other related field.
- Holder of the LCCI Higher or any other related accounting qualification.
- Practical knowledge and experience in Accounting is essential.
- Good knowledge of Finance systems.
- Excellent command of English, written and oral. Turkish will be considered an advantage.
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, Ppt).
- Good interpersonal and cross-cultural skills.
- Professionalism, energy and integrity.
- Excellent organizing skills and ability to multi-task under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work well with staff from different cultures.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels with sensitivity and confidentiality.