Access Networks Planning Engineer (4610)
CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, one of Cyprus’ most well-known and respected Telecommunications Providers with offices in the heart of Nicosia, we are seeking to recruit a highly competent Access Networks Planning Engineer to join their expanding team of professionals. The successful applicants will hold a minimum of two years’ experience within a similar position.
- Issues the design, planning and dimensioning (hardware and software) of the mobile access networks (incl. BSCs, RNCs, BTS, NodeBs and eNodeBs).
- Prepares all necessary configuration details of elements that the team is responsible for.
- Reviews the configuration changes that were sent to managed service provider concerning the mobile access networks elements.
- Helps in preparing the necessary design and configuration for the implementation of new nodes.
- Prepares performance reports.
- Reviews optimization proposals from managed service provider and ensures that they are aligned with the company strategy and interests.
- Follows up with managed service provider the optimization of underperforming cells and problematic areas.
- Prepares configuration changes and implementations of new elements in the mobile access networks.
- Helps in the preparation of ordering of hardware, features, functionalities and software releases for the mobile access networks.
- Participates and validates the acceptance tests of new elements and features in the mobile access networks, during the First Office Application Phase.
- Monitors overall network impact of proposed configuration changes.
- Studies new technologies and proposes improvements in the mobile access networks.
- Documents network configurations and solutions, maintaining an updated library with the configurations of the network.
- Monitors daily health of the Access Network Elements and works to solve issues that might arise.
- Receives and troubleshoots customer complaints as reported by Customer Care agents in a timely manner.
- BSc (Bachelor) in Computing Science, Electronic Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering, Master preferably in Telecommunications or Networks.
- 2-3 years’ experience in Mobile Radio Networks.
- Good knowledge of mobile network concepts, architectures and communication flows.
- Good knowledge of mobile radio and access networks optimization concepts and processes.
- Good knowledge of switching protocols, e.g. SS7, SIGTRAN.
- Good knowledge of LAN/WAN switching/routing technologies and protocols.
- Capability to generate and analyse measurement reports.
- Good knowledge of Unix or Linux.
- Fluent written and spoken Greek and English.